Carpentry in Alaska is a staple field of construction, and the opportunities are endless.
The state also has the highest wages in the country, about $10 more than the national average.
“Keep an open mind,” Jenne Baker said when asked about advice.”Don’t let someone tell you you can’t do it and just go for it. Also, keep up with your math, it’s important. We use it every day.”
Here’s some statistics from APICC regarding carpentry:
- Alaska Regional Hospital
- Muldoon Overpass
- Anchorage International Airport
- Starbucks on Debarr
- UAA Parking Garage
- Turnagain Elementary School
- Entry level: $22 an hour
- Overall average: $33 an hour
- Experienced carpenters: $46 an hour
- Union benefits $24 an hour
For more information watch the video here.