Today we are delighted to announce the release of Putting Learner Success First: A Shared Vision for the Future of CTE, which establishes a bold vision for all of education that includes, but is not limited to Career Technical Education (CTE). The vision calls for a systemic transformation of the education system, and identifies CTE strengths and role in this transformation. It challenges our community to continue on the path of fierce dedication to quality and equity, while providing the leadership necessary to continue to re-examine, grow and transform CTE into a system that truly prepares all students for a lifetime of success.
The vision offers the following recommendations:
– All CTE programs are held to the highest standards of excellence.
– All learners are empowered to choose a meaningful education and career.
– All learning is personalized and flexible.
– All learning is facilitated by knowledgeable experts.
– All systems work together to put learner success first.
This vision for CTE is supported by eight organizations representing the cross section of education, business and industry, and policy: Advance CTE, Association for Career and Technical Education, Council of Chief State School Officers, National Association of State Board of Education, National Council of State Directors of Community Colleges, National Governors Association, National Skills Coalition, U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation.